Dermalogica treatments are customisable to your skins concerns. Within our 30 minute or 60 minute treatments, we aim to provide you with a professional treatment and home care advice to enable you to achieve the best with your skin. You can also add a little extra to your treatments with our 15minute add-ons.
In our facial rooms we have a heated bed, steamer and use warm mitts (as well as disposable sponges). If you are reactive to heat please let us know so we can alter this.
We also like to enhance our skin treatments with the use of electrical modalities, if you are unfortunately contraindicated to electricals, do not worry, we will always adapt to suit your needs. Currently in the salon we use:
- Iontophoresis (Galvanic) - will help to push product deeper in to the skin. Ideal for people with dry, pigmented, dehydrated or irritated skin including acne.
- Disincrustation (Galvanic) - will help to soften sebum trapped in the skins' pores, which cause blackheads. This will allow them to squeeze them out easily without damaging the skin. If the skin is too dehydrated we will recommend a hydrating treatment first.
- Direct High Frequency - Here we utilise a glass electrode to produce O-zone that will help to kill off the bacteria being produced inside the spot. This will help it to heel quicker, minimise inflammation pigmentation and scaring.
- Indirect High Frequency - You will be holding the glass electrode while we preform a facial massage. This method is better for dryer/dehydrated skins as it will increase circulation, aid healing but also stimulate the sebaceous glands. As well as aiding in the reduction of fine lines and wrinkles
Over the last few years dermalogica treatments have become more advanced and during a standard treatment have incorporated their IonActive serums. Each IonActive was created to target a specific skin concern, and with the use of electrical modalities and gelloids, ionactive serums can be converted into electrically-charged atoms for optimal ingredient penetration Ideal for clients with more challenging skin concerns like acne, ageing, severe dehydration and hyperpigmentation.
- Retinol 1% IonActive firms and reduces visible signs of skin ageing. improves skin texture and the appearance of wrinkles, while increasing collagen synthesis and improving skin firmness.
- Hyaluronic Acid IonActive relieves dehydrated and/or sensitised skin by hydrating the top layers of the skin, protect against external irritants such as air pollutants, and bind water into the deeper layers of the epidermis.
- Oligopeptide IonActive treats hyperpigmentation for a more even skin tone. By reducing pigmentation spots, and inhibit skin redness for a brighter and more balanced skin tone. This IonActive also contains Oligopeptides 34 and 51, which have been shown to significantly reduce melanin production and brighten skin.
- Niacinamide IonActive controls and prevents adult acne inhibits the growth of bacteria, decreases the formation of hyper-keratinised follicles (clogged pores) and reduces swelling and inflammation by scavenging toxins and free radicals in the skin.
Dermalogica Microzone (30 Minutes)
A professional customised skin treatment condensed to target your main concerns. This will Include your full Cleanse, Skin Analysis, Exfoliation, Complexes, Masques, Serums and Moisturiser. This treatment is enhanced by the use of our Galvanic or High Frequency Machines. Microzones are very good at maintaining a skin during the time between longer treatments, as treatments in their own right or as a build up to our professional strength treatments.
- Per treatment: £35.00
- Course of 6:: £175.00
Dermalogica Microzone Eye (30 Minutes)
A professional customised skin treatment aimed specifically for the eyes. It will include a Power Cleanse, Skin Analysis, Complexes, Masques, Serums and Moisturiser but the attention will be placed on the eye area. Using Dermalogica's Contour masque, a seal is created over the eyes to enhance the absorption of product. The eyes can feel brighter, fresher and you can experience the reduction of puffiness. This treatment is not recommended if you are claustrophobic
- Per Treatment: £35.00
- Course of 6: £175.00
Dermalogica Hours Facial
A professional customised skin treatment which includes a face and head massage. This will include your full Cleanse, Skin Analysis, Exfoliation, Complexes, Masques, Serums and Moisturiser. This treatment is longer than a Microzone, just as effective but a bit more hands on. This is ideal if you are someone who struggles to relax or take time out for yourself. This treatment will also be enhanced by the use of our Galvanic or High Frequency Machines.
- Per Treatment: £66.00
- Course of 6: £330.00
Face Mapping®/Skin Analysis
Not in the mood for a treatment but want to know about your skin, Our Face Mapping® skin analysis takes out all the guesswork. Your skin can change with the seasons, hormones, environment, medication and stress. We are here to let you know what is going on and about any products that can help make your skin happy. This is a service, that is available when our therapists are free if you are walking in or feel free to book a half hour slot so you don’t feel rushed.
- Price: £10.00 (*Redeemable against product or treatments up to 1 week from appointment)
Dermalogica Back Cleanse
This is an ideal treatment for people who struggle to keep a clear back. With the uses of complexes, steam and High Frequency (if needed), we can remove blackheads, and treat back acne. This is also a treatment to consider 3 days after a back wax.
- Per Treatment: £33.00
- Course of 6: £165.00
|Customise your treatment by adding on a few little extras.||1 course||6 course|
|D.F Foot/Leg Massage||£16.00||£80.00|
|D.F Hand/Arm Massage||£16.00||£80.00|
|D.F Head Massage||£16.00||£80.00|
|D.F Facial Massage||£16.00||£80.00|
|L.E.D add on to Treatment||£35.00||£175.00|
Unfortunately not all treatments are for everyone. Please check our contraindications list to make sure you avoid disappointment.
Contraindications to Electrical Modalities
- Metal pins/Pacemaker/Heart Problems
- Asthma for high frequency
- Diabetes (A treatment can go ahead we would just need a note from the doctor to make sure there is no loss of sensitivity and they are happy for you to have treatment)
- Botox (Electricals can be introduced 3 weeks after treatment)
Contraindication to any facial treatment
- Cold Sores
- Colds/Flu or generally unwell.
- Lymphatic cancers (will contraindicate the facial massage)
- Undergoing Cancer Treatment (This will require a doctor/specialists note stating if they are comfortable for you to have treatment at this stage. If not, then we recommend waiting 3/6 months after treatment has completed)
- Major Surgery – Regardless of the area of the body, facials can speed up the circulatory system which can lead to infections travelling around the body at a quicker phase. We recommend 6 months after surgery before having a treatment.